FOR WHAT SCREENS CAN I USE THIS MANUAL?
This manual describes how to prepare the newest generation of Samsung Smart Signage Displays to play content through the narrowcasting app and the URL-launcher. This is relevant for DB..D, DM..D and DH..D Samsung monitors. If the settings on your screen do not match the settings described below, because you work with a different type (e.g. Tizen or newer version of SOC), then we advice you to check the factory settings of your screen provided by your supplier or to contact your supplier.
WHAT SHOULD I FIND IN THE INSTALLATION PACKET?
– Samsung Smart Signage Display
– Power cable
– Remote control
– Additional hardware and software, included with the Samsung monitor
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
1. Connection to an electrical outlet that maintains electricity during the night.
2. Network connection with uninterrupted access to the internet.
1. Connect the monitor to the internet. Connect the monitor to the internet with a network cable (use the RJ45 input on the back of the monitor) and to an electrical outlet. Turn the on/off switch on the back of the monitor to ‘on’. Use the remote control to turn the monitor on (select the red button).
2. Put in the correct settings. If this is the first time the monitor has been turned on, you will automatically be directed to a setup wizard. If this is not the first time the monitor has been turned on, it’s probably already prepared. The app will start automatically and a “loading” notification will appear on the screen. After the notification, the video clips will be displayed or a MAC ID (your code) might appear on the screen. In this case, go to step 3. If the monitor doesn’t automatically start the app, and no setup wizard appears, you can start the setup wizard manually by using your remote control. Select ‘menu’ on the remote control and go to System –> Setup (default pincode: 0000).
- Choose the language you prefer.
- Choose the setting ‘landscape’; even if you are using the screen in portrait (our system automatically adapts to the landscape screen).
- Your connection is now being verified. If the monitor is connected to the internet, a notification will appear to confirm that connection. If you have a monitor that has WiFi capacity, select the option to create a wireless connection. Now you can select the network you want to connect to and enter the password. The monitor will now try to establish a connection with the network you selected.
- Enter the correct time and date.
- Select the source you want the monitor to use to play the video clips. Choose the URL-launcher. A keyboard will now appear on the screen where you can fill out the URL. Ask the Servicecenter what the most recent URL is.
The setup is now ready. Press ‘OK’.
3. Communicate the code. Turn the monitor off and back on. The launcher will start automatically and the app is being activated. After a few seconds the MAC ID (your code) will appear on the screen. Communicate this MAC ID to the Servicecenter of the narrowcasting system so the monitor can be linked to your personal account. As soon as the code has been linked, you can start working with the narrowcasting system. Press ‘done’.
4. Deactivate Economy Mode. Your monitor might be set to economy mode, which means it will automatically turn off after 4 hours. In case you don’t want the screen to turn off, you can deactivate this setting. Sometimes the option to deactivate is already presented in step 2 in the setup menu. If not, you can deactivate economy mode by using your remote control and go to ‘menu’ → ‘system’→ ‘eco solution’. Switch the auto power to ‘off’.
5. Power on/off settings. It is important that the power on/off settings are correctly set. To do this, you navigate with your remote control to ‘menu’ → ‘support’ → ‘go to home’ → ‘on/off timer’→ ‘on timer’ → ‘on timer settings’. Fill in the 7 required fields with a time on which the screen should turn on that day. After that you need to fill in the power off settings as well. You can find these in the same menu, but then under the name off timer settings (‘menu’ → ‘support’ → ‘go to home’ → ‘on off timer’ → ‘off timer settings’). Fill in the 7 required fields with a time on which the screen should turn off that day.
6. Latest firmware. The latest firmware needs to be updated on your screen. Our Servicecenter can help you with updating the latest firmware on your device.
If you experience difficulties, click here.
7. Schedule a playlist and sychronize. When your player is connected properly, you’re ready to start! Read more here how to create and schedule a playlist. If there is no content displayed on screen (black screen) 15 minutes after sychronizing the media player, click here. If the videos are not displayed properly, click here.