WHAT IS A PLAYER GROUP?
Player groups are available for mainusers and subusers and it’s a tool that helps them with programming for multiple players. A player group contains different player group options that the user itself can set to play a specific program on a specific player. The user itself can choose whether they want to use the player groups or not (programming without player groups is also possible).
WHEN DO I USE A PLAYER GROUP?
The player groups will come in handy when you have a lot of players in your account and you want to program different playlists on the players, based on a specific feature of the location of the screen. An example can be that you have 10 screens in total and 5 of them have a promotion and the other 5 don’t. You can create two playlists; one with the promotion and one without. Then you can create a player group with options ‘promotion’ and ‘no promotion’. The players can be connected to the correct options and automatically the correct playlist starts playing.
HOW TO CREATE PLAYER GROUPS
1. Go in your lef menu bar to [Players] and select [Player Groups].
2. Select [Create] on the right.
3. Fill in a name for your player group and fill in options. You can add as many options as you like. Select [Save].
4. You can now connect the options to your players. If you want an option to be available for multiple players, select the options ‘multiple‘ on the left above the options. If you have a lot of players, you can get a better overview by selecting the arrow icon right in the corner; the overview of players is displayed fullscreen. Select [Save].
HOW TO ACTIVATE PLAYLISTS WITH PLAYER GROUP
1. When the player groups are set, you can connect them to a new or existing playlist. Read here how to create a playlist. Go to the playlist you want to connect to a player group.
2. Select [Save And Schedule] and you will get to the schedule page.
3. Fill in your settings and on the right you can select the player group options for this playlist.
4. Select [Save This Schedule Settings] (the playlist will not be on air yet) or [Activate] (the playlist will be activated on the set time/day).
SEE WHAT PLAYERS ARE CONNECTED TO WHAT PLAYER GROUPS
On the schedule page as mainuser and subuser you see your player groups if you have created them. You will see a number displayed next to the player group options if you have one or more players connected to the player group. Click on the number to see what players are connected and on what player you are scheduling.